A news report out of Korea earlier this week suggested that the LG V60 successor (code-named Rainbow) is on indefinite hold. This would be the latest chapter in LG’s tumultuous 2021 if confirmed, as the future of the firm’s mobile division is currently under consideration.
This is just the latest story regarding a potentially delayed or cancelled LG phone, with rumors swirling around the LG Rollable’s future too. In light of this latest news, we asked Android Authority readers whether they’d be interested in an LG V70 or whatever the V60 follow-up is called. Here’s how you voted.
Would you be interested in an LG V60 successor?
The poll was posted on March 2, with 4,671 votes cast as of writing. The results weren’t even close, as almost 90% of respondents said they would indeed be interested in an LG V70.
This is completely understandable, as the LG V-series is one of the better phone lines for power users. Between the 3.5mm port with quad DAC, wireless charging, IP68 rating, huge battery, and microSD expansion, the phone has quite a few features you’re not guaranteed to get on other flagship devices.
Then again, we also wonder whether some of these respondents like the idea of an LG V70 more than actually buying it. After all, LG’s mobile division has suffered over 20 consecutive quarters of losses due to people not buying their phones in droves.
Just over 10% of voters said they wouldn’t be interested in an LG V60 follow-up though. LG’s early 2020 flagship was its best device in years, but it missed out on features like a high refresh rate and telephoto camera. And with devices like the Galaxy S21 series and Xiaomi Mi 11, we’re guessing some voters have their eye on rival devices instead.
- Brian Fowler: I love my V60, and I’ve been almost totally LG since getting the Optimus G in 2013 (had a Nexus 6 for one year in-between the G3 and getting the V20). The slow updates are a problem (but I did get 11 this past week) but otherwise, I love them. I love the skin, I love the quad DAC, the headphone jack, the dual screen is a great accessory when needed… I’ll be sad if I really do have to get used to a new company when I next upgrade
- Ryan: Love LG V’s except for the boot loader problem in the 10, I’ve owned 20, 40, and now 60! Love them! Very versatile and extremely functional!
- Reyner Landero: I hope they’ll release “Rainbow” because V60 is the only flagship last year that tick most of the boxes for a well-rounded flagship phone.
- TMM M: Have had only LG phones for some time now including currently the V60. Great phones
- Stereotypical Evil Archer: My V30 started showing its age these last few months. I was hoping for a V70 or some such very soon. I may buy a V60 and just cling to the memory of the V series. Not sure what can replace it, the V series hits all the notes I want a smartphone to hit.
- Doom: LG’s main issue is with their software. Buggy, clunky and just plain lousy.
- Joe Black: I would certainly want to see the next LG V series, it’s the only series by LG that matters IMHO. But they would have to make less compromises this time, implement DAC better, better software etc. Seeing LG sorry state, I find the chance to see a decent LG V70 pretty low to non-existent.
That’s it for our LG V60 successor poll results article, thanks for the votes and comments. Do you think we’ll see a new LG flagship this year?