Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 series update hub! Here you’ll find all the newest information on software updates for Samsung’s latest flagship foldable phone. We’ll tell you the current software versions for the device and give you a heads up when new updates are rolling out.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Fold 3 to get four major Android upgrades, including Android 12, Android 13, Android 14, and Android 15. Samsung also guarantees the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will receive at least five years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy Z Fold 3 get Android 13? December/January 2023 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 update
July 7, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now seeing the July 2022 Android security patch (via SamMobile). The update lands as firmware version F926U1UES1DVEG. Unfortunately, the update appears to be just the security patch with no other new features included. So far, we’ve seen it on unlocked models in the United States, but it should make its way to other regions in the coming days.
You can manually check for the update by tapping Settings > Software update > Download and install.
- June 17, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now receiving a fresh update (via XDA-Developers). It’s a big one that includes eSIM support (finally) as well as a few new camera features.
- April 11, 2022: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is now receiving the April 2022 Android security patch. Per SamMobile, it’s an important one, with a fix included for the “Dirty Pipe” exploit. However, The Galaxy Z Fold 3 shouldn’t have been susceptible to this exploit anyway, but it’s certainly nice to know everything is secure.
- January 31, 2022: On the eve of the new month, Samsung is rolling out yet another update to the Galaxy Z Fold 3. Per SamMobile, it’s a big one, too, coming in at over 1.1GB. Along with “overall stability” improvements, firmware version F926BXXU1BVA9 includes a host of stock app updates, from Penup to Samsung Internet.
- January 14, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 gained the January 2022 security update with firmware F926BXXS1BUL8. The update fixed more than 60 security issues issued by Samsung and Google.
- December 7, 2021: Samsung rolled out Android 12-based One UI 4 to the foldable. The patch’s rollout commenced in South Korea.
- November 4, 2021: Samsung rolled out the November 2021 update to Galaxy Z Fold 3 devices in South Korea and some global markets. Per SamMobile, the update packed firmware version F926BXXS1AUJB for those in Europe and F926NKSU1AUJ7 in South Korea. Despite the firmware naming discrepancies, both patches included the November security patch from Google and a host of additional security fixes from Samsung.
- October 21, 2021: An update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 rolled out across Europe bearing firmware version F926BXXU1AUJ7. The update included the October 2021 Android security patch, a list of Samsung-specific security patches, and a new portrait mode for pets feature.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Fold 3 update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to tip us if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed!
ENGRMKS & CO – #Samsung #Galaxy #Fold #July #security #patch
Published: 2022-07-07 13:50:15 ,